12 Angry Filmmakers present a One Hour Film Challenge Oct 23rd – Oct 29th
The One Hour Film Challenge pushes the boundaries of your creative filmmaking skills. Want to make a movie, but don’t have the time or do you feel the movie making machine, sometimes slows you down? Why not throw yourself into fast forward and make a movie in 60 minutes. If you want to kill an hour, then here’s what you need to do:
- Must complete production in one hour from the moment you press RECORD!
- Keep your movie to a five minute maximum.
- You can film on more than one camera, cell phone, camcorder or high end production camera, whatever works for you.
- You can have as many crew and cast you need (The bigger the production the slower you move)
- Dialogue will slow you down but you can use it if you have the time to do so.
- A script is essential but Improvising might help speed up the process. Beware of getting off track.
- You don’t have to use lights but if you do remember it will burn into your time.
- You must be over the age of 18.
The sooner you decide to take the challenge then the sooner you can start your planning. You can use as much pre-production as you want to plan out your movie, but you must film all your material you need for your movie in one hour. Providing you give yourself enough time for post-production, then you can spend as much time you need in the editing stage within the challenge week.
The Challenge will take place over the week on Oct 23rd-Oct 29th during the Grand River Film Festival.
Screening time for completed movies: Oct 29th 11am -12.30pm at the Apollo Cinema in Kitchener.
CENTRE IN THE SQUARE: One pair of tickets to the following shows: National Geographic Live Explorer Series –
Ocean Wild: The Light Beneath The Seas With Brian Skerry Wed, 30 Nov. @ 7.30PM
Gorongosa Reborn: A Cameraman’s Journal With Bob Poole Thurs, 23 Feb. @ 7.30PM
Stranger In A Strange Land with Jodi Cobb Thurs, 30 Mar. @ 7.30PM
Spinosaurus: Lost Giant of The Cretaceous With Nazir Ibrahim Wed, 31 May @ 7.30PM
ED VIDEO: One week rental, or two weekend rentals (for up to $500). Including membership.
GRAND RIVER FILM FESTIVAL: Two tickets to closing night film + party, GRFF t-shirt & bag
Links: http://www.edvideo.org @EdVideoGuelph