Enriching Leadership Opportunity with GRFF!
Call for Board of Directors
Grand River Film Festival is seeking dedicated, driven and enthusiastic individuals to join the Board of Directors. This voluntary governing role is a challenging and rewarding way to apply your skills, meet and network with a variety of professionals, and support your local arts community.
Founded in 2007, the Grand River Film Festival (GRFF) is committed to celebrate and inspire community through the shared experience of film. Programming is curated across three main platforms: an annual festival in May, year-round film screenings, and a youth video competition. GRFF recognizes the power of film to connect people and is thrilled to act as a vehicle for our community to build relationships and host meaningful conversations within the Waterloo Region.
Board Involvement, Duties & Obligations:
- Prepare for and attend monthly board meetings and the annual general meeting at various locations across Waterloo Region
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to GRFF’s mandate, strategic planning and programs
- As a working Board, Directors are expected to lend experience and expertise by actively participating in meetings and supporting sub committees
- There is no expense reimbursement for GRFF directors, and no remuneration
- GRFF maintains general liability insurance for the association, and Director and Officer Liability insurance for the Board of Directors. Coverage assumes due diligence in carrying out duties and obligations (meeting attendance, active participation, etc) and does not excuse negligence
Ideal candidates are practicing professionals in the required field and/or are community-minded persons who have a strong interest in arts and culture. Professional training in the arts is not required.
We are currently seeking the following positions:
- Director of Sponsorship & Sales
- Develop and lead a committee of volunteers to plan and execute the work of the Sponsorship & Sales committee
- Act as a liaison between the Board and the Sponsorship & Sales committee, adhering to Board approved budget
- Provide leadership in stewarding and identifying local sponsors and in-kind donations
- Build relationships with businesses and organizations that align with the festival
- Work with the Design committee to revise the sponsorship deck
- Work with other committees as needed to ensure sponsor obligations are met
Please note that serving on the board is a volunteer commitment. Board terms are two years and the time commitment is approximately 8-12 hours per month.
GRFF is committed to equity in all aspects of its operations. We encourage applications from indigenous people, persons with disabilities, ethnic or racial minorities, immigrants and refugees, Francophones, LGBTQI+ persons, women, and persons of all socio-economic walks of life.
How to Apply:
Interested parties should submit their resume and letter of intent to Board Chair Paul Tortolo at email@example.com with the subject Application to Board.