The Grand River Film Festival is excited to offer a short film competition to the Region of Waterloo community.
GRFF wants your submissions of original short films to showcase at the Lumen light festival on September 26th in uptown Waterloo. GRFF will be projecting your films onto the side of a building in uptown all evening of the festival.
Lumen seeks to explore the interplay of light, art, and technology. Film is the child of those three criteria. GRFF seeks to encourage and develop local film making talent, and to inspire alternative story telling. And to showcase that talent and those stories in venues such as Lumen.
To be included, your submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Films must be silent, as this is a visual-only exhibit.
- Films should endeavor to make creative use of light or technology in the creation of their films.
- Films must be no shorter than 30 seconds, and no longer than 3 minutes.
- Submissions must include a title card, black background with white Ariel text, stating the name of the film and the name of the artist.
- No pixel quality no lower than 1080P.
- Artists must reside in the Region of Waterloo.
- Artists must be 12 years or older.
- Your film must be a completely original work.
- You must agree that the film submitted may be shown publicly at Lumen 2020 by GRFF, and footage may be used by GRFF in advertising material.
Submissions chosen to be part of the exhibition will receive an artist’s fee, proportional to the number of chosen entries.
Deadline for submissions is Sept 18th at 5pm.
Submissions should be made to email@example.com, via Dropbox or Google Drive.
Questions regarding this competition can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.