Each year, GRFF relies on volunteer film enthusiasts to present a festival of great film and programs. People are needed to assist in all areas of the festival – there is a role for everyone! As ambassadors for both the Festival and the Region of Waterloo, being pleasant, helpful and professional are key requirements for a GRFF volunteer.
Even though you are helping us out immensely, volunteering can also benefit you! These benefits can include real life skills for your resumé, tickets to GRFF screenings, the fabulous experience of taking part in a film festival, and high school community service hours.
If you are interested in lending your time and talents to GRFF, email email@example.com for further information.
Opportunities for 2020 include:
Work in collaboration with the Marketing team, Festival Program Committee, and Fundraising Committee to market the film and events program to targeted audiences; prepare a strategic timeline for all available avenues of media coverage, convey that to our media partners, and ensure schedule is met.
You will have an opportunity to develop relationships with media both within and beyond Waterloo Region, manage media inquiries and interview requests, and assist the social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
Skills for this role that are great to have:
- The ability to curate content through online research that aligns with brand objectives
- The ability to create coherent content that resonates with the identified audience personas and front lines the brand message
- The ability to write creatively with some narrative
- Photography and/or Video Skills will be an asset not required.
- Work with the chair to send out the agenda prior to each meeting. Ensures all rules and bylaws of the organization are adhered to by the board during meetings and the implementation of board decisions. The secretary is also in charge of the records and documentation for the organization.
- Record the minutes of each board meeting. The secretary records everything that happens during the meeting including what was discussed, what actions were voted on and what actions are being taken as a result. Distributes the meeting minutes to the board members following the meeting.
- Throughout the year, distribute documentation to the board and members as well as complete any legal filings on behalf of the organization on time. Ensures that all records are properly and safely stored.
- The secretary makes sure that the board’s actions are in line with legal requirements and the organization’s bylaws.