SHORT Shorts Call for Submissions
Submissions are now open for the 2017 festival.
GRFF is proud to support aspiring filmmakers through the annual SHORT Shorts competition now in its 10th year. This highly successful competition is a forum for recognition and awards, and also provides filmmakers an avenue to screen their films in a festival setting. Past winners have been featured in the media and have gone on to earn awards at other top film festivals throughout North America.
DEADLINES & FEES
- regular deadline: June 2, 2017 | entry fee $15USD
- late deadline: June 30, 2017 | entry fee $20USD
- extended deadline: July 14, 2017 | entry fee $25USD
- Only submissions of Canadian films by Ontario filmmakers will be considered
- Selection will be based on quality and form
- Films must be in English or in the original language with English subtitles
- Duration: 15 minutes maximum including credits
- Entries previously submitted and not accepted may not be resubmitted
- Submissions must be making their Waterloo Region premiere at the festival and must be deemed a new release by the programming committee
ALL ENTRIES WILL BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY via Film Freeway
- Available press materials must be shipped to GRFF upon notification of selection
- The filmmaker grants permission for the use of all publicity materials (including preview BluRays and DVDs) to be used for promotional purposes, unless otherwise noted
SCHEDULING & ATTENDANCE
- Scheduling of screening dates, times, and locations is at the sole discretion of GRFF
- Films will automatically be considered for any relevant awards for the appropriate category
- We encourage all filmmakers to attend the festival on behalf of the film, if possible. Please contact festival staff to arrange travel, tickets, and further information, email@example.com
Grand River Film Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submission platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, unlimited video storage, digital press kits, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.