Each year, GRFF relies on volunteer film enthusiasts to present a festival of great film and programs. People are needed to assist in all areas of the festival – there is a role for everyone! As ambassadors for both the Festival and the Region of Waterloo, being pleasant, helpful and professional are key requirements for a GRFF volunteer.
Even though you are helping us out immensely, volunteering can also benefit you! These benefits can include real life skills for your resumé, tickets to GRFF screenings, the fabulous experience of taking part in a film festival, and high school community service hours.
If you are interested in lending your time and talents to GRFF, email email@example.com for further information.
Opportunities for 2020 include:
- Work with the Chair to draft and distribute an agenda prior to each meeting. Ensure all rules and bylaws of the organization are adhered to by the Board during meetings and advise on the implementation of Board decisions.
- Record the minutes of each board meeting, distribute to Board members and file for future reference.
- Support the Board’s work through maintenance of Board documents and folders.
- Distribute documentation to the Board and complete filings regarding the Annual General Meeting. Ensure that all records are properly and safely stored.
Help us connect Virtually For Now! The Content Marketing Team is a shared responsibility to curate and distribute “shareable” content on our digital platforms. Team members will work together under the guidance of our Director of Communications and assist with drafting and scheduling social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and e-newsletters via a MailChimp platform.
Skills for this role that are great to have:
- The ability to curate content through online research that aligns with brand objectives
- The ability to create coherent content that resonates with the identified audience personas and front lines the brand message
- The ability to write creatively with some narrative
- Photography and/or Video Skills will be an asset but not required